January 5, 2009

How do I love thee, Braided Pullover, let me count the ways!

Okay, self timers and my camera don't begin to do this sweater justice! I love my Braided Pullover (Interweave Knits Fall 2008). I used Berroco Ultra Alpaca and started in September. Due to a glitch in stitch count, I got afraid and put it down (and knit a bunch of other stuff). When Miss America got sick with pneumonia and I was housebound, I picked it back up and I'm so glad. I finished just yesterday (football playoffs are great for my knitting output).

This sweater fits like a dream, it is warm, it is comfortable, it is versatile. I can wear my required cold weather/cold house (we keep it at 56 most of the time) Cuddleduds underneath and they don't show (a problem with my Poppy sweater).

I've included a few closeup shots of the detail at the neck.

I just love this sweater - it hasn't been blocked yet but I had to wear it today!






4 comments:

Beth said...

Estella, your pullover is beautiful and looks wonderful on you! You did a wonderful job knitting it. You will get a lot of use from that sweater!

Krista said...

Wow! I really love it!

Stephanie said...

Looks great! Your sleeve caps look like they fit in the armscye much nicer than in the magazine - did you make any alterations to the pattern there? I'm trying to do mine top down with short rows, but still getting puckering.

Estella said...

Thanks Stephanie...no I didn't make any modifications to the sleeves. They just fit in perfectly - I was expecting the gathers at the top like in the magazine but there was no extra material so it fit in perfectly.