January 15, 2009

What a Yarnful Wonderful Day

Two posts in one day! What a concept!










Neither rain, sleet nor snow (nor 90 minute delay, lots of traffic due to the snow and car accidents) could keep me from my sit and knit date with Jennifer. This time to sit, knit, continue a blogging/email conversation was long in the plans and so much fun.

Jennifer has a wonderful Knit Nook which is full of yarns, patterns, inspiration (my daughter loved seeing the bookcases of colors). Thank you Jennifer for a lovely morning - we will plan another sit and knit soon!

Jennifer is working on a baby blanket and it inspired me to whip up one for my sister who is expecting in February. I went to the LYS on the way home and came back with some Berroco Comfort which is inexpensive, washable and dryable...all good things for a 3rd child.












My bounty increased even further when I got home and found a package containing my birthday present from my knitting sister, Beth. Now mind you my birthday WAS in MAY! I completely forgot about the belated gift and she could have waited and gifted it to me this year...one year I got my present when Miss America had her birthday in October but this year she broke the record.

It was well worth the wait! Lovely Saphira yarn which will look great in a Just Enough Ruffles scarf I think, some fun glasses for my knitting (a little stronger than I wear but it will be good for detail work) and some starfish earrings.

The bounty continued with a delivery of the yarn I ordered last week...I'll post that tomorrow. Why can the mailman spread out such fun deliveries???

4 comments:

Karen said...

What an awesome day!!! :)

Jennifer said...

Ooh - such fun! I'm so glad to see what you purchased at Knitting Central. I was very curious. I love Comfort and bet the baby blanket will be a huge hit. My family is famous for making birthdays last longer than should be expected. It's kind of fun. It keeps the excitement going and going. Happy belated birthday.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Beth said...

That's such a nice picture of you and Jennifer. I'm glad you had such a fun day!