January 7, 2009

Some searching, some input and a decision

I've decided to go with Ingenue - both Kimberly and Jennifer suggested it. I had liked the pattern since I first saw it.

So I went online to find an affordable way to make it and ended up with five skeins of Ella Rae Classic in Deep Sapphire Blue Heather. It was on sale for $3.25 a skein - you can't beat that!

Until my yarn arrives, I'm working on the Adventskalendar which I first saw on Leslie's blog and have completed two mittens so far. My numbers are different sizes but I can't worry about it - freehand embroidery isn't easy.
















I think I'm going to cast on either Camisa or Lutea too - I have some Berroco Touche I've been looking to use and I could wear it when I visit my parents in Florida this spring.

Okay, now I'm off to knit before the darlings get home. We had an ice storm today and I was really surprised they had school - while the main roads are fine side roads and driveways require ice skates!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Ingenue is really pretty! Good luck with that nasty weather.

Jennifer said...

Ooh - I like that yarn. The mittens are adorable. Good for you for starting them in January (rather than Thanksgiving weekend)

Krista said...

I loved knitting Ingenue! I used knit picks Swish which is also a very affordable choice. Have fun!