January 20, 2009

Why I don't have pictures to show you

This morning was all mapped out...get the kids on the bus, walk the dog, get gas, go grocery shopping, post knitting pictures on the blog, go to the library and then substitute teach in a half day afternoon.

Well around 8:30 as I found out one gas station wasn't open (step 3 on the list) I pulled back onto the road and was heading to another gas station when a big Boars Head Meat truck pulled into my lane trying to go around a stopped car. I slammed on the brakes and next thing you know I'm rear-ended by someone.

No one was hurt, the truck kept going and this poor woman and I were stuck dealing with a morning mess. I will tell you that a Toyota Sienna fares better than a Toyota Prius. Her car's front end was crumpled in and had to be towed away. My car has some heavy scratches on the bumper. After waiting for over an hour for a police car to come and write the report, I got on with my morning.

Got gas, got groceries, ate a quick lunch, hit the library and then went to substitute teach - so in the order of my day I got almost everything done except take pictures and post them on my knitting.

Tomorrow is another day, Scarlett.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

UGH! I'm glad no one was hurt. What a stinky way to have the week start.

Lisa said...

Thank goodness no one was hurt!