January 14, 2009

It keeps growing and growing











Here are the first 6 mittens for the advent calendar I'm making. It is a bit addicting working on these and I already have #7 done just not embroidered. At this rate I could make 2 of these before Christmas!

Tomorrow I have a sit and knit date with Jennifer - we were supposed to meet in December but #1 son got the stomach flu and there went that plan! I'm looking forward to it and to meeting Wilma her dog.

I just got an email saying my yarn for Ingenue has shipped - I hope I can cast on by this weekend.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

OOh, can I come to the sit and knit with Jennifer? I am sending yarn fairies to help fly your yarn to you sooner!

a friend to knit with said...

have fun tomorrow. love to sit and knit with a friend.
you are doing SO well on the advent. leave the #2. i like it.

Jennifer said...

So cute! I hope you'll bring them tomorrow for show and tell. I'm really looking forward to our get together.

Beth said...

Good thing your yarn shipped. You're going to need Ingenue with this cold weather! Your mittens look terrific!

lynne said...

What a cute idea, Estella. Perfect for those in between knitting times. Or those I need to knit something quick NOW times. Or those I don't want to knit cables or lace times. Maybe I missed this, but what will you do with all of them?